Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Oh, Canada!

Good news everyone! And by "good news" I mean "good news for me that you could probably care less about." And by "everyone" I mean the one or two people, aside from me, that might actually still read this blog. hehe Anyhow...turns out I'll be taking a trip to visit our neighbors...or should I say neighbours...up north, in the land o' hockey, Canada! :) I love traveling, as I'm sure most people do. But of course there's always the common money and time issues that get in the way. Actually, I had the time, just kinda needed to save up some money. hehe But because I have the sweetest bf ever...not to mention one that didn't want to wait much longer lol...he's getting me an early X-Mas gift...this trip to Vancouver, Canada. :)

We'll be visiting Vancouver, British Columbia, which is just north of Seattle, Washington, for a whole week! The good thing is that we're in the same time zone and the flight is relatively short, so we get more actual time there than if we were to travel to Europe or Australia or other places where you spend a good chunk of your trip on the plane and then trying to adjust to jet lag.

We literally booked the trip just last Thursday! So we'll be planning and planning for the next month. I know Canadian culture is similar to ours in many ways, so it should be easy to adjust. Just gotta plan out where we want to go and what we want to do. I've even been trying to hit up a few chat rooms from there for some tips on the gay scene, so we can have some fun night activities, but of course most of 'em just wanna hook up in those chats. lol Still, I did get a few tips already though.

If any of you that drop by have ever been there, hit me up! Would love to pick your brain for some ideas and hear about your experience. :)

No comments: