Wednesday, November 18, 2009

AIDS WALK L.A. - One Year Later

First off, before anything else, I want to say a big THANK YOU to everyone that supported me and our team during and leading up to the AIDS WALK L.A.

To the following, thank you so much for sponsoring me this year... Peter, Reyna & Family, Hypnos Reveur, Christian, Francisco, Juan, Kevin & Marcial. I appreciate your support (and your dinero!), as do those that it goes toward helping. And to Gabe, thanks for the team donation. And everybody else that donated to any other member of our team, you all rock!
And to our team this year, Friends 4 Benefits (aka Friends With Benefits), thank you all for making this, our fourth year, another successful one! I had set a team goal of $4,000 this year, and we got pretty close. As of the last numbers given to me, we raised $3,295 with a team of 28. Though some of you didn't or couldn't make the walk. Tsk tsk! lol Next year, then!

Special kudos to those that made it this year for the 6 mile walk! Anthony A., Ramiro C., Xavier E., Andy G., Oscar G., Juan G., William H., Juan L., Xavier M., Craig M., Richard R., Connie R., Adolfo R., Miguel T. Thank you all for walking this year! I expect each of you back, plus many more, for year 5! FRIENDS WITH BENEFIT5! ;)

I wasn't able to dedicate as much time this year as I would've wanted putting the team together, but I did my best. Whenever I had time, I tried to promote it, spread the word, recruit, encourage and at the same time still try to get some donors for myself. hehe It was all worth it though, and I'll do it again! All the support and positive energy from everybody is what makes it all worth it for a great cause. Just being there, surrounded by thousands upon thousands of fellow walkers on that one morning...and knowing we are all there for a united cause...that alone, is totally worth it.

Thanks again everyone!
-Nel

No comments: