Thursday, July 10, 2008

Active Me - Week 3

Almost three weeks ago, on June 21st, the first day of summer, I began my new gym routine. I'd never been to a gym in my life...at all! Not even for a day trial or anything. So needless to say, I was in pretty bad physical shape. I knew I had to go, but like many other things I just kept putting it off. Finally, Juan came to me with a deal I couldn't resist. The price was right, so to speak. "Sign me up," I said.

Three weeks later, I've been going almost every day! I've only missed three days so far, usually because I didn't have time those days. But each other day that I do have time, I've gone. During the week I go bright and early in the mornings, and on weekends I just go at whatever time is convenient. Weekdays I don't get to work out as long as I'd like, but I try to get more done on the weekends. Overall, I've been enjoying it. I don't see it as a hassle like I thought I would. I've worked it into my routine, made it a part of my daily to-do's, right up there with eating, breathing and sleeping. hehe

It's still a bit early for me to see any physical changes in my body. But hopefully it happens! hehe To be honest, even if it didn't change too much, just getting some physical activity on a daily basis has helped me feel better. It's a great feeling. Actually, I did already lose a few lbs. Not a huge amount, but it's working at least. Maybe over time I'll try more of the other equipment, and maybe even hit some of the weights. I'm still a bit self-conscious about doing weights, because I seriously have no muscle and can barely lift anything. But that'll be later on, if I decide to try it out. For now I'm sticking to my cardio. :)