Thursday, July 17, 2008

Cents and Sensibility

What goes up, must come down...right? Apparently that works with my bank account as well! lol The past couple of months I've kind of been spending a bit too much. Some things were necessary (paying bills and people I owe)...others were not fully necessary, but at least were good investments (the gym membership). Then there were some things that were from the kindness and generousity of my heart (several birthday presents). And finally, there were the stuff I really didn't NEED at all, but WANTED enough to not be able to resist (mostly my comics, music and DVDs). hehe But all in all, what good is working my ass off day in and day out if I can't indulge in a few pleasures, right? At least it's not drugs. lol Still, now that I got all those things done with I really need to try and focus on saving up a bit. My bank account's frightenly low! And pretty soon my car's lease is up so I either have to return it and get a new one, or try and see how much more I'd have to pay (if it's worth it). Then again I could always go back to the bus. I did it for many years and I know it'd save me money! BUT...I've gotten so used to my car and being self-relient and on my own schedule. I don't think I could go back. Hell, I don't even love driving much. I only do it when I have to. If I can avoid it, I will. lol The only good thing in all this...tomorrow is Pay Day! Woohoo!!!

No comments: