Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Just Smell It!

Three random things that I usually like how they smell, but I don't like to drink/eat:

1. Coffee Drinks. In particular, those with a hint of vanilla, hazelnut or other similar type of scents. I usually do find the smell coming from a warm cup of coffee quite delightful. But I've never been a coffee drinker, not even the Starbucks variety cold/hot types. I'm more of a smoothie guy, or at least just a regular ol' cup of hot chocolate on a cold night. Still, at times I do wish I was into coffee, especially when I'm dozing off at work. lol

2. Menudo. And no I'm not talking about Ricky Martin's old band. I'm talking about that warm dish that is served in many Latino homes. Wikipedia describes it as "a traditional Mexican dish; a frequently spicy soup made with tripe. It is often thought of as a cure for a hangover, and is traditionally served on special occasions or with family." I've always liked the smell of Menudo in the morning, but I've never actually liked the dish itself. I'm more of a posole person! hehe (Side note: The smell from when the tripe is being cooked the night before....now THAT is a nasty one! lol)


3. Fried Chicken. I've passed by Popeyes Chicken before and found the aroma of greasy deep fried chicken emanating from their restaurants to be quite tempting. lol But I don't like fried chicken that much. I hate all that greasy gunk and that nasty feeling in my tummy after I eat that. I'd much rather just have flame grilled white chicken breast meat. :)

No comments: