Monday, June 29, 2009

Quarantined Weekend

Last Friday I woke up at Juan's and he tells me, "You feel really warm this morning." But I actually felt normal, so I dismissed it as nothing more than my body temperature feeling warm because I had just woken up.

The day at work went by without a hitch. Though I did notice I started to feel a bit less energized as the day grew on. I didn't think much of it, just thought it was my body getting lazy because it knew the weekend was coming. hehe But then when I got into my car to drive home, I really started to feel it. I felt tired, my body was heating up and I felt small headache-like symptoms. Soon as I got home, I was a goner. I had no energy, I just crashed into my bed and wanted to relax. The worse part...I had to cancel plans with Juan to go out and hang with friends that night. I was the one that invited him out and so I felt bad having to cancel, but I was in no condition to be out. :(

I spent that night just resting, and Juan actually ended up coming over later that night after his attempt to go out on his own kinda went downhill too. The next morning, Saturday, I still felt a bit weak but slowly getting better. We just hung out and relaxed in my room, at one point making a quick trip to the mall. While at the mall I started to feel some chills again, so I knew I'd have to just take it easy the rest of the night. Again, couldn't go out. :( So Juan went back to his place and I just stayed in bed to try and get better. That was the whole deal on Sunday as well, I literally spent the whole damn day in bed. Didn't even shower! For me to spend the whole day in bed and not shower....that's really saying something! I don't like wasting my weekends just in bed. And I can never start my days without a good shower. hehe

This morning I woke up feeling mostly better. Just have a lingering cough still, but hopefully that's the last of it and I'll be back to normal soon. Though I'm glad I seem to be getting better, I do hate that my weekend was pretty much ruined by all this. I work through each week looking foward to the weekends, my time to really relax, enjoy my free time, live my life the way I want with my loved ones...and I was stuck in bed. Under quarantine, as Juan jokinly put it. hehe What sucks too is that I knew Juan wanted to go out that weekend, having gone through his first week of Summer break without doing much, so he was looking forward to spending time with me on the weekend. But I was pretty much useless this time around as a source of fun times. :(

So let's all send me some good get-well vibes so I can get back to 100% for this upcoming holiday weekend!

No comments: