Thursday, March 26, 2009

I Saw TRS' Alex

I think I just saw Alex Albrecht, from The Totally Rad Show & Diggnation, two of my favorite podcasts! If you have no idea who he is or what the podcasts are about, then be sure to check them out. Just click on their names in the previous sentences. And if you've no idea what a podcast is...shame, shame, shame on you!

Anyhow, I saw him about half an hour ago, he was in front of me at the ATM while I waited patiently behind him for my turn. I didn't recognize him at first, until I really paid attention and even then I was only about 80% sure it could be him. I usually SUCK at recognizing people. So I just stood there until he was done and walked right past me on his way back to his car in the parking lot. As I was walking back to my car a few minutes later (to get some envelopes that I needed to drop in the mail box), I saw him driving away in a black BMW. At that point I was then about 99% sure it was him, since I remembered him discussing his new car at some point in the podcasts.

So yeah, that was my own little celebrity sighting. Or...would he be considered a full-on celebrity? Well, to me and his fans & followers I'm sure he is. hehe Also, I'm pretty sure I've probably seen a bunch of other actors or otherwise famous people walking past me here in L.A., especially where I currently work since the SAG offices are here, but I just never notice them. A simple hat or sunglasses is often enough to sneak past me. hehe But it was actually quite cool seeing Alex, especially since The Totally Rad Show (TRS) is my favorite podcast! Listening to Alex, Dan & Jeff on that show brings back so many memories of my youth, plus they cover a lot of the entertainment stuff that I'm into.

No comments: