Monday, March 2, 2009

Two Month Notice

It's finally starting to hit me, the reality of it all. I am losing my current job in two months. :( It was something that was pretty much coming for a while now, but there was never an end date. Now that there is, it's much more scarier. I guess I should try and see the positive side of it, that at least I'm being given a decent amount of notice so I can try to plan accordingly. Still, doesn't make it any easier knowing that I have to look for a new job during a time when jobs seem to be more and more scarce.

We found out about all this last Friday. We got the final word at an office meeting Friday afternoon. I told myself that this weekend would just be for me to relax, have a nice time with my bf and friends, forget all my worries and just let myself have a nice time. And I succeeded. I did have a great weekend. But of course, as usual, it went by too fast. Now I'm back at work, Monday morning. I'm grateful to have a job for two more months at least, but it still doesn't make it any easier having to come back to work after a nice weekend.

So now it's time to start getting serious about planning for what's to come. Time to start brushing up those resumes, putting my name, my experience and my skills out there, hoping that somebody will take notice.

No comments: