Monday, April 14, 2008

Another Weekend Ends

It's Monday yet again, another three day weekend has come and gone. Why must it end!? lol I took last Friday off from work just because Juan was on Spring break and since I don't get such a break, I wanted to take a couple days off with him. I took the Monday for his birthday, and then Friday just to hang out. I'll tell you right now, we didn't do that much all weekend. But it doesn't matter. Just spending time with him means a lot. Yeah I know what you're thinking...enough with the mushy love stuff.

Anyhow, let's see. I went over to his house Thursday night, as has become a sort of unofficial tradition, to the point that even my family is surprised when I do go home on a Thursday night. lol We just ordered some pizza that night, pigged out a bit, and chilled. Friday we ran a couple of errands he needed, and then had lunch at a CPK. It was nice. Having lunch with him on a Friday instead of being at work...oh so definitely worth every minute of it! lol That night we were kinda trying to figure out what to do. Neither of us was in much of a clubbing mode, there weren't any movies we really wanted to see at the time, so he suggested we just go to Best Buy and just look around. We both love electronics and all that stuff, so we love to just browse those types of stores and look at all the goodies we wish we could get. hehe Earlier that day, I bought a Maroon 5 CD, their latest, so I took it with me in the car and we listened to it together. We ended up missing a turn and drove a bit further than we needed to. But thinking back to it, driving around just listening to that CD and talking, it was nice. Reminds me of one time when we just stopped the car near a beach, turned on a Madonna CD he had in his car, and just sat there, staring out into the night, listening to the music. Yet another thing I'd rather be doing now than having to be back at work. lol

On Saturday we didn't do too much either. We did watch some episodes of Just For Laughs. That's one of our favorite things to watch together. We always share many good laughs with that show. It's another of our little unofficial traditions. lol He records them for us and waits for me to visit and we watch them together. Laughter is fun when you're on your own to make you feel good, but sharing it with somebody is even greater. That night he ended up going out with his cousin to the pool, but I needed to get back home and take care of some tasks. I washed my car, cut my hair, shaved, showered, paid a few bills, checked mail, etc. I was then freshly shaven and groomed and felt good. But I didn't end up going out that night. Didn't really make any plans with other people and didn't feel like the bars where Juan was going. (Although in the end he ended up at Arena. grrr! lol) Still, I had my Angel DVDs to keep me company. I ended up falling asleep kinda early, and I was up bright and early on Sunday morning. I spent the morning just chilling at home, trying to keep cool in the 90+ weather! Damn crazy weather! Now I hear today it's gonna be cooler and through the week it'll be in the 60's or so! By next weekend a 30 degree drop from this weekend. Crazy, I tell ya! I don't like the very hot days or the very cold days, I just like it in the middle. :) But being a hot day yesterday, it was perfect weather for some ice cold smoothies. We stopped by this place near my house and had a smoothie. Strawberry Banana for him, and plain Banana for me. :) Yet again, another one of those "moments" I think back to and would love to be doing again right now. hehe My night then ended with a fresh episode of Desperate Housewives. I still love watching that show, but honestly I feel like it's kind of lost it's spark. But hopefully something very interesting happens soon to pick the show up. :)

So that was my weekend. Nothing too exciting, but full of several moments that I wish I could go back to and escape this working world. lol We're thinking of trying to go out of town soon, maybe just somewhere not too far, driving distance. Should be nice, to get away together again. It's nice to escape from the usual and visit new places, especially when I get to go with the person I love. I always love those trips. hehe And now that I think of it, today would've been our official six year anniversary. Six years ago today we made our relationship "official." But along the way...things happened. All that matters now is that we're together and things are going great. I couldn't be happier. I now count the day we first met as our anniversary. Because that was truly when it all began.

I love you! And thanks for the little toy cars! lol

No comments: