Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Sneeze-O-Rama


I woke up yesterday feeling pretty much "OK" for a Monday morning. Sure, I had my usual grumpy mood just because the weekend was over and it was back to work for another 5 days. But what can I do, right? It's gotta be done.

It was a slow day at the office, many people were out and not a lot of work came in. For most of the day I felt ok. I even ate my lunch while I was still working so I could just use my actual lunch hour to go out for a nice one hour active walk. You know...what with me trying to be more "healthy." lol So there I was, out in this hot weather, going for a walk. And what happens? Damn allergies is what happened! After I got back, I came back with a runny itchy nose and watery eyes and just felt like crap! So those last two hours of work were no fun at all. Later that night, J and I went to have dinner and then to Target, so I got some allergy pills there. I still woke up feeling allergy-crappy this morning. But now I've taken a pill and as of this minute I'm feeling a bit better than I was an hour ago. I hope I can pull through the day without feeling all crappy and hazy. I wanna be like those Claritin commercials where they take the people out of their funky hazy feeling. lol Still...I didn't use Claritin. But it better still work. lol

Is there such a thing as being allergic to the sun? I seem to notice that many times when I get this allergic reaction is when I'm out on a sunny day. Like one time I went to Disneyland, feeling normal, but by day's end I felt like tearing my nose and eyes out! lol Same thing happened once at a beach, I felt normal and then later on felt crappy. I guess it's kind of a good thing then that I don't have to work outside. But kinda makes me think twice about whether I want to go back out on my lunch hour walk today. I was doing so good with that all last week! I'd hate to stop now. But is it really worth it if I'll come back again feeling crappy afterward? But hmm...maybe this allergy med will help. Honestly, I'm not even 100% sure I have allergies. lol But based on what I've felt and how it just hits suddenly, I'm guessing I must have some, albeit maybe not as often and as strong as some other people.

No comments: