Sunday, April 13, 2008

Kid At Heart

There are times when even I scare myself...just a bit...at how excited I can get over things that only a 5 year old should. lol Over at Juan's house, he had some cereal, Lucky Charms, in which they had some little cheap plastic toy cars inside the box, to promote the new Speed Racer movie. I was never a fan a Speed Racer and didn't watch the cartoons, but I knew who he was and I'll probably go check out the movie, too. But still, for whatever reason, I was like a little kid when he gave me one of the cars, the red one, the #33 "3 Roses" one...whatever that means. I was entertained for a few minutes putting the little stickers on the car. lol Most guys would probably be embarrassed to admit this, but I don't care! I even kept asking for the other car that I knew was in the second box. lol That one ended up being #12 "Hydra Cell". Again, no idea who or what that means, but I had fun decorating it with the stickers. lol I won't actually end up playing with them though. I just like to have them as little decorations. I lost that bit of imagination that kids possess long ago...the one that allows them to have endless hours of fun with random little objects or toys. Still, I've always felt I'm a kid at heart to some degree. I love cartoons, love amusement parks, stuff like that...just like to have a good time. I know if I ever do manage to have a kid, I'll try to be a fun dad. hehe Strict, yet fun! Can't let them always have their way after all, right?

What's the last thing you've done that made you feel like a kid at heart?

No comments: