Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Totally Rad Show


Love movies, comics, video games, television and other entertainment-technology-pop culture related goodies!?!? Looking for a fun podcast that'll cater to the geek in you? Well, if you haven't already, head on over to www.totallyradshow.com!

I listen to several random podcasts, all related to music, movies or some of my favorite TV shows. But if I had to pick one that I'd say is my favorite, The Totally Rad Show (TRS for short) would definitely be it! It's hosted by three guys, Alex, Dan and Jeff, who each week release a new episode where they cover new comics, films, TV shows, dvds, etc. They open each episode with a parody of certain movies, and then cover each of the topics in segments. They usually close with a fan letter that has them answering a question/topic...which at times is one of my favorite segments, because I love hearing them talk about things they grew up with. A lot of the stuff they talk about, both from the present and the past (such as old TV theme songs, commercials, toys, etc), are things I know about and usually love. So I get a kick out of hearing them talk about them with as much excitement as I would. lol

It's a fun podcast, and best of all it's in video format! So they stand in front of a green screen while images related to what they are talking about appear behind them. Unfortunately I don't always have time to watch the video version so usually end up just listening to the audio version at work. Kinda kills half the fun of seeing the visual. lol

Anyhow, just thought I'd mention them as my podcast recommendation. :) If you're into the same kind of things I am, I know you'll enjoy it!

No comments: