Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

I've been told that I am scared of changes...that when big changes happen in my life, even if they are for the best, I often stress out too much and worry about them. Tough as it may be to hear those descriptions, I have to admit...they're true. I don't know why that is though. I guess I just like the stable feeling. I don't mind routine. Is that so bad? I like knowing what's coming up and being ready. So when big changes happen, I tend to worry a bit too much about them. In particular, jobs tend to stress me out a bit.

I remember when I started my current job, the first few months I would freak out at times. I'd get super nervous about meetings, worried that I'd look stupid and not understand what was going on. Which, granted, I was new...so it was understandable. But I guess I always want to be on top of things, and when I feel like I don't have total control yet I freak out. Now, after a few years, I got the hang of this job. I know it inside out and any problems that arise I can usually handle effectively and with complete confidence. And if I don't know how to do something, I at least know the right people and resources to use. But what if this was all to change again?

I've been thinking about this the past couple of days because of some changes that are stirring up here at work. I don't want to get into all the details just yet, since I just heard about this on Monday and many things are still undecided. Point is...I've just started thinking about my job. Do I want to continue here and accept a possible new position? Or do I want to move on to a new company soon? The people here are great, the location is nice and convenient and the occasional perks...I love them! But a bit more in the paycheck dept would be nice. A change of jobs might help freshen up that feeling of "same ol' same ol'" that one gets when being at the same job for a while. So we'll see. Right now I've made no decisions. Once the dept leaders start telling us what's going to happen next, and any possible offers are placed before me, then I'll really have to figure out what I want to do. In any case, wouldn't be a bad idea to start brushing up my resume. lol

No comments: