Monday, June 30, 2008

Drinks and Robots

Oh what a weekend! It just seemed to come and go so damn fast. I got off work around 5 last Friday, went home, ate, showered, changed and then waited for Juan to arrive. Once he did, I drove us out to the hotel where Felipe & Co. were at. Luckily, I found a good parking spot right in front. So I grabbed my iron from the trunk (he'd asked me if I could bring one) and we headed in search of the room. Then I find out he'd also told a couple other people to bring one, just to be sure. So there were three irons there. lol And here I had this whole little dumb joke planned out about how they could call me "Iron Man" lol j/k So anyway, we hung out there for a while, having a couple drinks, taking pictures and listening to music. We then got into a taxi-van, six of us in total, and took the short ride to the club. At that point I was already feeling a bit tipsy. It was the first drink that did it for me. I never mix drinks and don't know what's strong and what isn't, so when Juan was making mine I told him to pour more vodka in it. lol So it ended up giving me a big buzz right off the bat. Needless to say, I was pretty buzzed all night. But I had a great time! I usually drive so have to limit myself and can't really "let loose". lol So it was nice to just enjoy myself after the long slow work week. Plus it was fun celebrating Felipe's bday with some of our friends and meeting a few new people (his friends). Everybody was cool. There are still bits and pieces that kinda seem fuzzy from the night. lol But I remember most of it at least, which is good. When we ended up going back to the hotel, I started getting sleepy. I didn't fall fully asleep though until everyone was all tucked into the beds.

Come morning, I got up around 7:50 because I had to move my car from my parking spot. After 8 am the parking was no longer free. I was still feeling slightly out of it, but I knew I could handle moving the car around the block. What I didn't know was how much trouble I was going to have parallel parking. lol Even when I'm 100% myself I struggle, so add to it a slight morning hangover buzz....took me a few good back and forth motions to get into that spot. lol At least nobody was around to make fun of me. And I was able to find a spot literally around the corner, on the other side of the hotel. So it was perfect. Later that morning, around 11, after we all spent some time reminiscing about our favorite childhood TV shows, it was then time for us all to leave the hotel, so we headed out to breakfast at a restaurant in West Hollywood. I had an omellette, which I never get but it just seemed tempting this time around. Juan got a salad...but barely even touched it. lol It was nice having breakfast with the group after a fun night.

The rest of that day, after Juan and I came back to my place, we mostly just chilled and regained our energy. Come nighttime, we were ready to head out. But no drinks though. lol Instead we went to see Wall*E. That was such a great movie! So sweet, so heartwarming, so cute, so funny....just well-done all around! I mentioned elsewhere that if I had to use one word to describe it, I'd say "emotional". It was very touching, and that's even with the lead characters being robots! Who knew that animated robots can bring more emotion to a film than some human actors can? lol I loved the movie a lot. It made me wish Wall*E was real so I could have one of my own, kind of like what I felt when I saw Gremlins for the first time and wanted my very own real Gizmo.

Sunday was my usual day of running errands. But we also hit the gym for a bit. I'm really loving going to the gym now. I've managed to work it into my routine so that it's just become part of my daily things to do. I don't get grumpy when it's time to go, I look forward to it. I just hope that this feeling is permanent! I want to keep going for as long as my body can take it! lol I've only been going about a week now, I started on the first day of Summer, June 21. But already I'm feeling a lot better. I'm not worried too much yet about whehther I physically see results, 'cause I know that takes time to develop. But when they do start to appear (hopefully)...I'm sure it'll be even more motivation for me to keep on going. :)

So yeah, that was my weekend in a nutshell, surrounded by people I love. That's what makes life worth living after all, right? The people in your life that mean a lot to you. Those are the moments I always look forward to the most.

No comments: