Monday, June 9, 2008

More Monday Blah

How many possible ways are there to say that Monday's suck!? I don't think I ever get tired of saying that each Monday morning. lol It's not that I'm a lazy person and have no work ethic. I do my job, and I do it pretty well. Yeah, I might lag at times, especially when work is kinda slow. But when there's real work to be done, I get it done quick and efficiently! Maybe I don't always enjoy it, but it has to be done. It's what I signed up for, so to speak. If I want to enjoy the good things in love, I gotta work for them. To me, those good things aren't about fancy cars or stylish clothes and whatnot. What I care about more is just having a nice time. Doing things that make me feel good and happy, and a lot of that has to do with the people I care about. Spending time with my family, friends and my loved one is what brings me lots of joy. Whether it's just hanging out at home with my family, going out for drinks with friends, or just chilling with pizza and a dvd with my bf...those are the moments that mean so much to me. But of course we all still need money even for the simplest things...those drinks and pizzas and dvds aren't coming at me for free! So when a new Monday comes around, I can't help but just feel grumpy I guess. I just want to get the week over with so I can get back to the people and things that really matter to me in life, which I get to see a lot more of on weekends. :)

Today, in particular, is an especially "icky" Monday. First of all, I've been feeling a bit sick (sore throat) since Saturday. Got kind of bad last night with lots of coughing. Right now I'm somewhat calm, maybe it's passing by or the cough drops are helping. But I just really hope it goes away quick. And then there's the fact that this is my second week of being on call for jury duty. Tonight, after 7pm, I find out if I have to show up at the courthouse this week. I REALLY hope I don't. And this time not just because I don't want to go, but because I don't know if I'll be back to 100% health tomorrow. I don't want to be sick AND on jury duty. Uggh! And I also don't want to ask them to postpone again. I just want to get it over with. So cross your fingers that they don't need me again this week. For my health! ;)

No comments: