Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Ride Share Bonding

It's kind of funny how bad things can often work out better than you imagined. All it takes is a little positive thinking and looking at life through the bright side of it all. It's going on almost three weeks now since the weekend of our "(mini)series of unfortunate events." If you don't know what I'm talking about, in a nutshell: my car was broken into, some of our stuff was stolen, and Juan's car was crashed into (while parked) by a drunk driver the very next day. Since then we've replaced the things that were taken and his car has been in the shop, it will hopefully be ready at some point in the coming couple of weeks.

Not having a car, for someone who works full time and often has personal errands to run, can be quite a burden. But being the supportive couple that we are, we worked it out so that on the weekends we use my car to run our errands and during the week on certain days I'll give him a ride to/from work and on others he carpools with his sister. He's also borrowed my car one day, when he to drive during the work day, so I was dropped off and picked up from work...which was qutie nice! hehe In retun for my helping him out, he's been treating me to a few lunches when we go out or helping me out by preparing my lunches for work when I spend the night.

We've even been going to the gym together a few days after work during the week, which we normally wouldn't do since he'd usually go earlier in the evening and I would go later in the evening. The cool thing is that I've still managed to do the things I would normally do, without really having to drive any more than usual. I even still watch my TV shows. I just record them on his DVR and watch them the following morning as he's getting ready. But my favorite part is that I've gotten to spend a lot more time with him lately, and it's been so nice. :) Especially going through job hunts and interviews, it's nice to be able to meet with him on some days to help calm my nerves and talk about what's been going on in the "hunt."

So yeah, while it does suck about his car having to be in the shop for so long, we're just looking at the bright side of it all. Nobody was hurt and as a result we've been having fun spending more time together during the week. Once the dust settles and we're back to some sort of old routine again, I'm really going to miss those ridesharing mornings & evenings! :) And hey, I'm even going to miss the Oprah episodes I've joined him in watching at the end of the day! hehe

No comments: