Thursday, April 16, 2009

Two More Weeks

Where did this week go!? Despite having some slow days, the week overall seemed to go by fast. It's already Thursday afternoon...my "Friday" for this work week! I decided to use one final "personal day" off from work tomorrow. I don't have any solid plans set up yet, but I just really wanted to take a day. Plus, the workload has been pretty light lately, which is understandable considering our company is closing soon. Just two more weeks from today until my last day here! Scary! I've been able to relax a bit more lately now that I don't have to worry about the job hunting, which is good. But I know that as soon as that weekend comes, right before I start my new job, I'll probably be feeling a bit of stress. But it's the "good stress"! I'm the type of person that tends to overthink things, overplan and maybe worry a bit too much, especially if it's a significant change in my life like this new job! I get so used to my daily, weekly, monthly and yearly routines
...that whenever something new gets thrown into the mix, I need time to fully adjust. I'm sure that as long as I put my all into this new job, I should be fine. I know I'm a capable person, a quick learner and good problem solver. Those qualities weren't on my resumes just for filler, ya know! :)


I know that some of my coworkers still don't have a new job lined up, so I feel bad for them. I was having a tough time getting "noticed" by employers, too. Seems like now, more than ever, it really is about who you know...connections...when it comes to looking for a job. I just hope that eventually everyone is able to find something new. These are all good people. Eventhough I might not have always been the social type when it comes to work, I'll still miss seeing all these familiar friendly faces. Lately I find myself thinking back to the last almost six years I've been here. The people that have come and gone, the many fun in-office performances, the cool music I got to discover, the company picnics, the promo giveaways. Good times! It's been such a fun, casual work environment, and I loved that. I think I was spoiled in some ways, because chances are I probably will never find another workplace like this. :)

I'm glad my weekend is almost here. As I mentioned, I don't have any real plans yet, but I'm sure we'll figure something out. Last weekend was fun! It was Juan's 29th birthday weekend. So on Friday we went out to Circus and had a great time with some friends. The following afternoon we headed out to the Hollywood area, for a change. We rarely go out there. We hit the gym, visited the Walk of Fame area, had a nice dinner at CPK and then did some shopping at the Target. It was fun hanging out in that Walk of Fame area. We dressed up a bit more than we normally would and were taking pictures, just like the tourists. And just like the tourists, we even got harrassed by one of the "costumed people" there on the sidewalk. Some Charlie Chaplin guy pretty much threw himself into one of our photos and then took of his hat and asked for "a buck or two." Just to get rid of him, I threw in a buck. Then he looks at me with those beedy little eyes and holds up two fingers, to tell me he wants $2. Bastard! You said "a buck or two"...not "has to be two"! Ugggh. I just threw it in so he'd leave. lol So yeah...watch out for 'em. :)

That night, as we were paying at the Target store, I noticed two guys that were in a checkout line next to ours. They were holding a big bag of dog food and a big pack of toilet paper, among other things. As they got closer to us (one aisle beside us) I made brief eye contact with one of them. As soon as I saw those very distinguishable eyes and facial features, I knew I recognized him. Or rather, I knew he looked like someone. I took out my cell phone and typed into it, "kyle xy behind you", then showed it to Juan. Had I said it was Matt Dallas, he wouldn't know who I was talking about, that's why I went with his character's name instead. lol He turned around and then confirmed that it was him. At that moment I got excited. Up til then I just figured it looked like him but couldn't be him, because I never recognize people! A couple minutes later Juan overheard him say a few words and then gave me final confirmation that it really was him, because he recognized the voice from the TV show. I would've loved to be able to go up to him, say how much I liked his show (which I genuinely did, having watched it from day one til the final episode), and maybe even taken a picture. We'd left the brand new camera I'd picked out for Juan's birthday in the car, but even just a cell cam pic would've been nice. But Matt was paying for his stuff, doing his shopping, we thought it'd be too rude to bug him at that point. Had he just been walking down a aisle in the store and we bumped into each other...then maybe. It was fun seeing a celebrity I like though. I wonder what I'd do if I ever saw Sarah Michelle Gellar, my Buffy!

Oh and I finally got to see Slumdog Millionaire on Sunday. We watched it together in the morning, after having an early lunch, before hitting the gym. It really lived up to it's hype, such a good movie! And I loved the music. Might have to look into the soundtrack. :)

5 comments:

KaylieXX said...

OMG! You totally should have gone up to Matt Dallas. He's ridiculously nice to everyone he meets. Maybe next time, right? :) When did you see you him exactly? I've met him a couple of times but it wasn't like a totally random encounter like you had.

Anonymous said...

I agree, you definitely should have approached Matt Dallas. He is really kind and nice (I've met him before as well). He's nothing but a sweetheart. And I have to agree about what you said about his beautiful eyes - they're very distinctive.

Anonymous said...

That would probably have been last Saturday (11). And yes, you should have said something ;)

Nel said...

Thinking back to it now I do regret at least not giving it a shot, if anything to say hello and tell him I loved his show. :) Maybe help carry his bags. lol Especially now that I've heard about how nice he is in person. Maybe I'll get lucky and see him again another time.

Anonymous said...

Matt Dallas will be making an appearance at Fangoria's Weekend of Horrors convention this coming Sunday (4/19) to promote the movie "Babysitter Wanted". It'll be at the Los Angeles Convention center. Tickets are still available if you'd really like to see him again.