Sunday, February 24, 2008

Almond Joy



I keep telling myself I need to eat healthier and exercise. Who doesn't nowadays, right? But then I keep doing nothing about it. I don't think my walking up and down the stairs at work every day, instead of taking the elevators, is really doing much to help. But hey...when you think of it, at least it's something...right? I know I should do more...a LOT more.

I guess it's all in steps. Can't expect myself to completely change my habits overnight. For example, I bought some almonds not long ago and keep them in my room as something to snack on. Whenever I get an urge to eat something, I can snack on a few nuts. I figure it helps me keep away from pigging out on cookies, chips or other similar snacks. But then I end up liking these nuts and eat a whole bunch. Kinda defeats the whole purpose if I'm going to eat a crapload of them at once. lol

To be honest, as I've been growing older, the whole "getting in shape" thing for me is starting to become not just about wanting to look/feel better...but also due to health concerns. I realize that I'm at an age where what I eat really matters and can impact my health not just now...but in the future. I can't just shove whatever crap I want into my mouth and expect not to have consequences down the road.

But yet there I am...almost every week...eating those burgers, fries, pizzas, etc. They are so damn good! I'm weak! I can't resist!

But I must.

No comments: