Monday, February 25, 2008

Gimme Five!

It's Monday morning. Weekend's over, had to get up early and head back to work for another 40 hour week. Blah!

But today started on a bright note! Something totally unexpected happened! I was opening up a box of Fruit Gushers snacks, to put away in my desk at work (they serve as little snack treats for the work day lol)...when I found a little bonus treat inside. There was a Discover credit card taped to the inside of the box! A real plastic credit card (cash card to be exact) with that "call to activate" sticker on it! lol It's part of some contest they have where they are giving away cash cards. I've noticed a "try again" message in a few boxes I've bought before, but never paid much attention to what the contest was about. Turns out there are 400,000 of those cash cards out there, with odds of winning at 1 in 83 . I never win anything! So I was a bit happy to win this. Why just "a bit happy"? Well turns out the cash cards are only valued at $5. Hey, it is aimed at kids after all. I just happen to be a kid-at-heart who enjoys those little fruity snacks. lol I'll probably give it to my sister. But in the end, it's just the fact that I won that matters. :)

It's the little things in life that make me smile. Even more so when they involve money!

No comments: