Friday, February 22, 2008

I Smell Like Wet Dog

So I walk outside during lunch today and notice that the ground is dry, it's partly sunny and there are only a few scattered clouds in the sky. I'd just checked the doppler radar reports online minutes earlier, no rain in sight. I decide to take a walk and go grab some lunch at the Burger King several blocks down the road. It's about a fifteen minute walk, which I don't mind at all. It helps me get at least a little bit of exercise and a little getaway from the office.

I get to Burger King, order my food (Chicken Sandwich) and sit down to eat, staring out at the window and the cars driving by. Then it happens! It starts to freakin' rain! Dammit! I cross my fingers and just hope that it stops raining by the time I'm done eating. Minutes pass and the rain's still coming down! When I finally finished, and went outside to walk back to work, it had calmed down a bit. Just a very light sprinkle. I could barely feel it.

A few blocks down it starts to rain again...this time pretty damn hard! I had no umbrella, no hoodie, no thick jacket. Just me and my really thin jacket I wear inside the office when it gets cold (due to the AC). Needless to say, I got soaked! My head was dripping wet, my jacket was completely covered and my pants had rainy polka-dots all over! When I finally made it to the office I shook some if off in a stairway...where people couldn't see me. I felt like a wet dog shaking off the water after a bath. lol Come to think of it, I feel like I may smell like one too! Yuck. Not a pretty picture. Can't wait to head home into some warm clean clothes!

No comments: