Friday, February 29, 2008

A Close Shave


You would think that after so many years of having facial hair I'd have figured out how to give myself a nice, smooth, cut-free shave by now, right?
Well you'd be thinking wrong, then! I remember when I first started shaving I would use those crappy plastic razors that came in bags of ten or so. Looking back now, in comparison...damn those sucked! Later on, somebody recommended I try using the Gillete Mach 3.
So I did. And ever since then, I've wanted nothing more! I don't want no battery powered vibrating quadruple blade razor that plays music and has flashing lights and bluetooth technology. lol Give me a good ol' Mach 3 and I'm a happy shaving man! There are even some new models similar to the Mach 3 that have an extra blade on the other side, for those closer detailed spots, but even those I don't like much. I have the habit of flipping the blade over and using that edge to wipe off excess shaving cream. Old habits don't die quickly, so I can imagine myself forgetting that extra blade is there, flipping it over, and giving my self some unwanted shaves. lol I was at the Target earlier this week, and all the Mach 3 blades were sold out. They'd been on clearance. I really hope this isn't the beginning of the end for my favorite blade!

So the Mach 3 is my weapon of choice against those pesky facial hairs. I prefer the clean shaven look. I don't have a moustache, goatee or any type of beard. Well...actually,I tend to be lazy when it comes to shaving some mornings, especially when I'm rushing in the morning before work. So during the work week I'll often end up not shaving for a few days and having a very noticeable beard. lol But eventually I shave it off. But I could never really get that nice smooth as a baby's butt feeling on my face. I'd always have a few bumps or microscopic ends of the hairs sticking out. And I know why this is. It was because I always shaved before I showered. My thinking was that I liked shaving first so that I could then just clean up and freshen my face in the shower after. I'd always read that it was better to shave after you shower, when your skin was warm and the hair follicles more open or whatever. But I tend to be very stubborn and want to stick to my ways. Then a few days ago, I don't know how, but I ended up reading some article on shaving and the majority of people said they'd gotten the best results shaving while showering. So I tried it. I've shaved in the shower the last two times now, and I love it! I really do notice the difference. Even while I'm actually shaving it's a lot easier. And once I'm all done and out of the shower, I've really noticed how smooth my face feels. I can't stop touching myself! My face...that is. You pervs!

I know I haven't exactly discovered any miracle of life here. lol But still, I don't know why I was stubborn for so many years to make this change, even though I knew I was never fully satisfied with how I was shaving. Especially since my facial hair grows back pretty fast, so if I can get a closer shave and not have to shave again as soon, I'm all for it!

So how do you shave?

No comments: