Tuesday, February 24, 2009

HEROES 3.17: "Cold Wars"

OK, as usual, SPOILERS SPOILERS AND SPOILERS AHEAD for those of you that aren't caught up to the newest episode. You have been warned. :)


I'm on lunch break right now and it's almost over, so I don't have much time. I'll make it quick and simple, just touch on a few things I wanted to talk about.

Noah Bennet - I am so glad that he's still working for the good guys! His actions and methods are always so complicated and it's often hard to tell exactly where he stands. Good or evil? But I love that we finally saw that his involvement with the hunter guy and Nathan is all part of his & Angela Petrelli's team up to try and bring this whole "catch & cage 'em" thing to an end. I know they (Noah & Angela) still believe that some of these people do need to be contained, but not all of them. So I'm just glad he's still a good guy! Now if only little Claire Bear would try and keep out of his way so she doesn't screw the plan up. lol

Daphne - I knew it! I knew our little Blondie Nemesis Speedster couldn't be dead! On shows like these, I always figure that if they don't show us proof beyond doubt that someone is dead, then there's always the chance they never died to begin with. Sure, she got shot a few times. But even us regular non-superpowered people have survived gunshots before. Still, there is one thing I didn't like. Her name in the credits! That kind of ruins the surprise for anyone that really thought she was dead...to see her name pop up in the opening credits. Yes, I know...it's part of some contractual obligations or whatnot...but still. Can't we make exceptions when it's a surprise character making a return or something to that effect. I really think that it kind of kills the excitement a bit when you are already expecting to see the person pop up. But oh well...I don't run the industry. But someday!

Parkman - Wow, "kill" his girl and you bring out the bad ass in him! He's always been more of a softer guy, didn't want to hurt people and eventually didn't even want to use his powers, even though he knew it could help him achieve some life goals. But it was kinda refreshing to see him a bit more tougher on these people that have been making his life a living hell. Those last few paintings he did at the end though, I'll have to look them up or study them closer 'cause I wasn't too sure what they were.

Overall, another episode I enjoyed. Can't wait for more!

No comments: