Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Simpsons: In HD!

How did I miss this!? I'm always reading up on my favorite shows and movies along with online pieces related to technology, electronics and whatnot. But somehow I missed hearing about The Simpsons finally making the move to the HD world. :) This past weekend's episode was their first to air in HD. Yes, it's aired on the HD signal before but the program itself wasn't created in HD before. So if you're a little techno-entertainment-geek like myself, it was a big deal. And I missed it. Grrrr.

Today, Feb 17th, is the date when ALL TV broadcasting signals in the US were supposed to switch from analog to digital. But apparently they felt not everybody would be ready...blah blah blah...so it was postponed until June. I read that some areas are going ahead with the full switchover anyway. I don't think L.A. is one of them though.

Anyhow, to celebrate the transition to HD, The Simpsons' opening title sequence, which by now we're all very familiar with, finally got a fun little makeover! Check it out:

1 comment:

Richard said...

I know I missed it too but I loved the new opening. good stuff.

Rich