Monday, February 2, 2009

Heroes: "Fugitives" begins

As usual, if you haven't watched the latest episode of Heroes, stop reading know...blah blah blah...SPOILERS AHEAD...blah blah blah.

Ugggh. I'm feeling a bit tired tonight. I was gonna head to bed earlier but being my stubborn self, here I am still awake. It's only just past 11:30, so it's not too late. But I feel like I'm starting to come down with a cold. I'll take some medicine and hopefully it's nothing.

Anyway...on to tonight's episode, the first of the new "Fugitives" volume, and the first since the hiatus began last December. Felt so good to come home on a boring yet busy Monday at work and look forward to a new Heroes once again! :)

It's no surprise that I liked the episode. Hell, I've liked every single episode! lol But so far, I do like where this season...or "volume" rather...is going. It used to be more heroes vs villains, powers vs powers...now looks like there'll be a lot more heroes joining heroes (and maybe even a few reluctant villains) to defend themselves against these new military-esque "specials" hunters. What's up with Noah by the way? I wonder if he really is on Nathan's side, or if it's yet another one of his double agent moves and he's actually pretending. Hard to tell with that guy!

Apparently, over the past few months between the two volumes, people have tried to get back to as normal a life as possible. But where would the fun be in that, for us as an audience, right? Sure enough, they're thrust back into their hectic power-heavy lives. I'd forgotten though, what with this hiatus and my bad memory, that Hiro still didn't have his power back. I'm sure he'll get it back at some point...he's got to, no? But it was funny watching him try to start his own version of a crimefighting duo, complete with secret lair, cool motorcycle, hi-tech gear and of course a spandex costume! Having just finished watching the Batman Beyond series, in which an old Bruce Wayne mentors a new, younger Batman in the future...this episode reminded me of that show. Wayne, now pretty much powerless, would sit in his bat cave, communicating to the new Batman and watching his every move on his computers. But anyhow...I'm shifting topics.

There was a scene, that if I'm not mistaken, was a throwback to the very first season...possibly the first episode? When Peter is in the taxi and Mohinder is driving, he asks him something like "Do you ever feel like you were meant to do some extraordinary?" And while saying so, he kinda has a smile on his face. This was something he said on the very first episode...I'm pretty sure. Just too lazy to check on it right now. hehe Just thought it was a nice little touch.

At first I thought Mohinder had lost all his powers, I keep forgetting what happened since last time. lol But I guess he ended up still keeping his original superstrength power, which I thought was cool. Definitely came in handy for Peter, when he used it to break out of his straps & locks. What is it with Peter always being tied up to one thing or another!? lol Also, when he touches Tracy, he obviously gets her icy powers...but then he also seems to suddenly lose his strength? I wonder if it was temporary since he was adjusting to the new power and trying to control it, or does he now only have the ability to get one power at a time?

As I was telling a friend through text message conversations...the only thing that sucks more than the wait between commercials, is the wait between episodes! This one ended on a cool cliffhanger and looks like things are going to get even better!

Oh and can't forget about the villain we all love to hate...or is it hate to love...or love to love....or hate to hate? Take your pick. Either way, Sylar's still up and ticking just like one of those watches. I'm guessing we'll find out in a later flashback episode how he got from that moment when he was caught in the fiery explosion to where he was now.

Overall, a cool new episode to start the next volume. Can't wait for more!

----------

P.S. I didn't watch the Super Bowl yesterday and only caught a few commercials. I didn't see the Heroes one though until today! :) Check it out below if you haven't seen it yet:

No comments: