Monday, February 23, 2009

Oscars 2009

So yesterday was the big Oscar Sunday. Having sat through the whole 3+ hours broadcast, I feel it is my duty, as a random blogger among the thousands and millions of other blogs out there, to post my own review of the Oscars. So here goes...

Let's see. It was long. Kind of slow. Didn't care much for those "this is why you are awesome" speeches given by the groups of past Oscar winners to each of the big award nominees. There was singing & dancing. Lots of it. Kinda dug the one with the Indian music & John Legend. The Musicals medley was OK too. The opening one...was just...I don't know. Heath won, happy for that. Milk & Sean Penn won some too...awesome acceptance speeches. I think Wall-E got something too. Aside from that, I didn't really see the other films. Oh and there was some lady that reminded me of Belle (from Disney's Beauty & The Beast) in her yellow dress...that is, if she had aged for many years and never took off that yellow dress. If you saw the show...you must know who I mean. And Hugh Jackman as host...don't have an opinion either way. He's Wolverine, he's hot, he can sing and act...kudos to you, sir!

I honestly only watched it because I was hanging out with Juan & some of our friends. :) Otherwise I'd be watching my 24 DVDs at home instead and just catch any of the "best of" moments on YouTube if I felt so inclined.

So how's that for a deep, insightful review?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

U have ur man back, you did something he wanted to do. That is the key to a successful relationship.