Tuesday, February 10, 2009

HEROES: Trust and Blood

Another Monday, another new Heroes came and went. So of course that means another entry of my random comments, thoughts and ramblings on the episode. So, as always, STOP READING NOW if you haven't seen the episode, since there'll be SPOILERS from here on.

Ok, first off just gotta say I was once again pleased with this episode. Sometimes I feel like my opinions on each episode may not even matter, since I always like them. Can I ever even dislike or, God forbid, hate an episode!?

Anyone else feel just a bit cheated though that we didn't get to see some big plane crash landing sequence? When the episode starts, that's already taken place and the prisoners have all been scattered and running away. But then again, this is still a TV show and I know they have to try to cut costs whenever they can, so it's understandable. I actually liked how they used Nathan's conversation on the phone about the incidents to tell the episode's story. I also liked how his scenes were in black & white and then eventually turn into color once we're all caught up to the present and it's revealed who he was talking to all this time. I actually thought he'd be talking to the president, for some reason...maybe explaining to him why everything went wrong.

So Noah. Is he only involved in all this to protect his daughter? To keep her out of this and safe from capture? I kept getting that vibe through all this episode, as if he's got his own agenda within this mission, just like he's always had in the past. Noah can really be a bad ass (in a good way) when he wants to be, so hopefully he's still on the good side.

And Daphne (aka speedster, aka nemesis)...oh, poor "not faster than a speeding bullet" Daphne. :( I actually liked her character. And I loved her for Parkman. So it was sad that she got shot. Notice I didn't say "killed"...because on this show you just never know for sure. Hell, I still think Elle and Isaac have a good chance of coming back! lol Or...maybe not so much. There's always time travel cameos, though. :) But yeah, I never take a character's death scene as 100% certain until I get some solid proof. You know...such as the whole Sylar burning Elle's body. We saw Daphne get shot, fall and then left for dead. But I hope she somehow survives. I don't know...maybe her internal body parts have acceleration properties as well and can speed up her healing in some way. Just a thought. I'd just love to see her back and have her and Parkman have a happy ending with cute little mind reading speedy babies! Is that too much to ask for?

Oh and why didn't Parkman, as soon as he saw Daphne right at the scene where she gets shot in his painting, do something to warn her instantly, have her speed away and hide or at the very least...duck! Do all that hugging and whatnot later, give your girl a little heads up first! I'm just sayin'. Who knows though, maybe this all served a purpose. Maybe Parkman is meant to play a big role in taking down these people. This could be the match that ignites the fire within him. He's wanted nothing more than to just lead a normal life and try to forget about this whole world of powers. But now, more than ever, he may have to embrace them. Already we saw him do it, when he mind-controlled the agents and had them shoot each other.

And can't forget about Sylar. Crazy-as-hell yet oh-so-damn-cool Sylar! Off to find his daddy dearest. But best of all, he's got a little Sylar Jr along for the ride now. lol It's like Batman & Robin...if they had gone evil, that is. Can't wait to see what those two get into.

By the way, who do you think Claire's mystery texting friend is? The only two people I could think of were her mother and her friend from school, I think his name was Wes (that kid who could fly). I really doubt it's Wes, though. Her mother...hmmm...could be. Yes, she supposedly died in that fire. But she's the firestarter after all! Fire comes out of her, you'd think she could survive the fire, no? We'll see. I'm not placing any bets though because I am 99.9% of the time I am wrong on my guesses and theories. Although, I did pick up on the fact that Peter can only keep one power at a time now in my last Heroes blog, which he himself confirmed in this episode. Way to go for that .1% of the time that I'm right! :)

I'm still waiting on the episode where we find out what Mr. Muggles powers are and where he's been lately. You just know that little guy is hiding something!

No comments: