Monday, December 15, 2008

The Face to Face Shuffle

A few posts back, I was wondering if there was a name for that feeling you get when you learn about somethign for the first time and then you suddenly feel as if you see or hear about it over and over. I was surprised, and very grateful, that I actually received an answer! It was the Baader-Meinhof phenomenon (thanks to superlative's comment)! Though, I doubt I'll be able to remember it if I'm ever asked to name it on the spot. lol

Anyhow, with that in mind, I was wondering if there's a name for another little thing that happens to me often. I'll call it the "Face to Face Shuffle" for now. lol You know...when you're walking in on direction and someone is coming toward you, then when you both are face to face you move to one side, they move to that same side, so then you move to the other side, then they do it also, until finally one person stops moving and the other is able to go around. It's like a little dance! These awkward yet kinda funny moments happen quite too often here in my office. So makes me wonder if there's an official term for these incidents. :)

No comments: