Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Trips is Better than the Destination

I woke up today feeling a big groggy, lazy, sleepy and cold. I would've given anything to just be able to stay in bed for a few more hours. Then again, that's me pretty much every morning! But what's not always the same is what happens after I've showered, had a little breakfast and left my house. When I'm in my car, driving to work, there are mornings where I still feel pretty damn sleepy and feel like turning that damn car around and just go back home. Today though, for whatever reason, wasn't really one of those mornings. Well ok...I would have still loved to turn the car and go back home. lol But what I mean was that I was actually feeling a bit more awake and engergized for some reason.

It was raining a bit this morning and was pretty damn cold and grey outside. I'm still feeling like a sore throat is coming on, but so far it hasn't hit full force so I'm doing my best to fight it off. But despite all that, there I was in my car, heater on, driving to work. I popped in my Lady Gaga "The Fame" and really got into the music. I was in a good mood, relaxed, travelling down the busy morning traffic and nothing was getting to me. For a few brief moments I almost forgot where this
nice feeling trip was taking me to. It was one of those times when the trip itself was way better than the destination, know what I mean? :) And now here I am, starting the brand new day at work. To which I say, "Grrrrrrrrr!"

No comments: