Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend 2008

Where does the (holiday) weekend go!? It just flew by too fast! But oh well, I had a VERY nice time over the Thanksgiving weekend, so I'm happy! hehe What exactly did I do, you ask? Well, let's reeeeeeewwwiiiinnnddddd...

I got off work early on Wednesday, at 1:00, so that was definitely a great way to start the holidays! We had planned to go see a movie, Australia, so we went to a gym that was near the theater, then had a nice meal at Rubio's. But then I found out that the movie wasn't playing at that theater! lol So we ended up just staying in that night. Normally we'd have gone to the Thanksgiving pre-party over at Circus (my local favorite gay latino club for you out-of-towners), but we wanted to save our energy and money for Saturday night, when we were going to a new gay night, Piel Canela, put together by a friend of mine.

Thursday morning, Thanksgiving, we went to the gym (yes, again) and just hung out together a while, until it was time for me to head back home to join my family for dinner at my uncle's house. I tend to get a bit...well...bored...when we head over to my uncle's. Only cause I pretty much just end up sitting on the couch watching a TV I have no control over, only getting up to eat. lol But hey, it's family, it's the holidays...gotta get into the spirit, right?

Friday morning I just cut my hair, gave my mom a ride to a store, and then headed back to Juan's to join him and his family for his sister's son's first birthday buffet! It was nice, he's the cutest little kid! He's my "nephew"! hehe So of course I had to get him a gift. I bought him a cute little "learning puppy" (a stuffed dog that he can press and it teaches him words and songs). After the buffet, in the evening we went to the gym again (had to burn off the turkey dinner and buffet plates!) and then at night just hit up a couple stores, to browse the leftover Black Friday stuff. We didn't buy anything though.

Saturday morning...guess where we went? Did you say the gym? Ding ding ding! lol You're right! By now it's probably looking like we're some hard core gym bunnies. But we're not, I swear. When we go together, we'll do about 30 mins of cardio (threadmill or other machines) and then about 30 mins of the weight machines (haven't gotten to the big boy's play area yet...the free weights). Nothing too strenous, but enough to keep us active and feeling healthier. It's been about 5 months now since I started going and I've definitely noticed an improvement in my overall physical and emotional shape. I feel better and it even helps boost self esteem. So gotta love that, right?

Anyhow, after that I headed back home 'cause Juan was going to visit me that night. Our original plans were to go to my friend's club party, but it unfortunatel had to be cancelled/postponed. We ended up going to another gay club in North Hollywood, club Cobra, along with a small group of friends. So it was nice, we had a nice time, I always love seeing my friends. Doesn't really matter where we go to be honest, just love being able to hang out with them.

So finally, it was Sunday morning. We slept in a bit that day, then headed out to the gym again. lol I'd never been to the gym for so many days in a row at an hour a day! Normally, since I go on my own after work, I only go for 30 mins or so. So by this point I was starting to finally feel burned out. (Today, Monday, is my recovery night...no gym. lol) After the gym, which was in the Hollywood area, we went to the Grove out on 3rd & Fairfax and had a nice filling lunch at the Cheesecake Factory, in honor of our seven year anniversary! Yep, we met seven years ago for the very first time, on December 1st of 2001! Seems like so much has happened since then! There've been tough times, as with any life...any relationship...but fortunately it's all worked out for the best and now I couldn't possibly be happier! Not a day goes by where I don't realize how fortunate I am to have found a person I can share my life with so intimately. It's like we were made for each other...all part of a master plan. hehe So we ate our dinner, and celebrated. Afterward we went to the movies and saw Milk...about the openly gay politician in San Francisco in the 1970's....a really great movie! I'll probably post a seperate entry on that.

We ended the night by just going to the Target in West Hollywood (I love seeing all the gay people/couples doing their shopping there). We bought some stuff we needed for the week, and then it was time for us to each go home.

So aside from the movies and the club, we didn't really go out too much this weekend. But I still had a great time! hehe

No comments: