Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Bridge

(my view this morning along the L.A. bridge)


It was a really foggy (or smoggy, rather) morning today. It was hard to see that far ahead of you. As I was driving to work today, crossing the bridge that I've crossed so many times in the past 28+ years, going over the L.A. river, looking ahead at the Downtown L.A. skyline, I noticed there really wasn't much of a skyline visible today. It was all just a big grey smokey wall. The tall buildings I'm used to seeing, growing bigger and bigger as I get closer, were gone. I literally couldn't see anything past the bridge! As if I was driving toward an abyss. It all reminded me of the movie The Mist. I almost stuck my head out my window to look up and check for any giant bugs. lol Well ok, not really. Still, I just find it kind of crazy how one day it'll be all grey and gloomy, and then another day the sun is out bright and early and the sky is clear and blue and I can see the windows of the downtown buildings glistening and reflecting the morning sun.

Smoggy air and all! Home sweet home, I love L.A.!

No comments: