Saturday, March 29, 2008

Go Digital February 2009!


I got my two "coupon" cards for the digital converter box today! My TV doesn't actually need it, since it's an HDTV and I'm getting my signals through HD broadcast channels. It's an older model HDTV...but still HDTV nonetheless! lol

As you may or may not know, on February 17, 2009, all television signals that are currently being broadcast through analog signals (those that use regular old fashion "rabbit ear" antennas) will be converted to digital signals. Will you be ready? If you have an old TV that doesn't support any digital signals (HDTV) then you're going to need a converter box. I'm not sure if they're still accepting applications for the coupons, but you can give it a try at www.dtv2009.gov if you don't already have them. Check out this site, www.dtv.gov for more information about this whole digital TV revolution. lol If you already are receiving HDTV or Digital cable/satellite, then you may not need the converter box....but hey, maybe the parents or grandparents or other not-so-digitally-advanced people will, so why not help them out? I've seen these going for about $50 or so at Wal*Mart, so with the $40 coupons it'll help.

This concludes my public service announcement for the day! lol If you have any questions about all this, feel free to ask me. I tend to read up a lot on this. lol

No comments: