Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Cough, Cough

I really wanted to stay in bed this morning! Well, OK...I want to stay in bed EVERY morning. Anything to get out of having to go work. lol But today I woke up with my throat feeling a bit scratchy/itchy/sore. No fun at all! I started to feel it yesterday and totally forgot to take some medicine (home remedy or otherwise) before I went to sleep. At times this feeling just goes away after a day, but I woke up this morning and still felt like I'm getting a cough or something.

My family has been running around with coughs lately, along with the people at work, so I'm really not surprised that I also seem to be getting sick now. Like someone said yesterday at work, it's "the gift that keeps on giving." I wish I was a little kid again, so I could just stay tucked in bed, have some chicken soup and watch cartoons all morning while my friends have to go to school. lol

Hey maybe I should take some Airborne! I've heard wonderful things about it! It's this cool miracle cure for the common cold! Oh...wait...never mind. ;) Turns out they just settled a lawsuit ($23.3 million) that was brought against them for "false advertising." But seriously, if you really looked closely at the label you can see it's not really a "cure" but more of a "preventive measure"...in other words, tons of vitamins and stuff that's supposed to help boost your immune system. It's pretty much like taking a daily multivitamin, which I already do, actually. Plus, that stuff tastes nasty! It's like Alka Seltzer, which I also hate! I don't like that whole fizzy-bubbly-mediciny crap!

Some times we really just have to slow down a bit, take some time and look at things closely and not just blindly believe what they might be telling us...or insinuating...in the ads. After all, give me a bag Lay's potato chips and I bet you really CAN eat just one! ;)

No comments: