Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Perfectionist Dreams

Anyone that knows me quite well can tell you that I tend to be a perfectionist. I want things to be perfect. I like things neat, ordered and all in the right place. I like my room to be organized (although that needs to be worked on lately), my desk to be neat at work and my car to be clean and litter-free. I often get comments on how neat my car is. lol I also try to be as "correct" as possible when it comes to writing and grammar. Yes, I'm not perfect, but I try. When I write on these blogs, for example, I always look for any spelling mistakes or things that just don't make sense. Still, this IS a blog, so it doesn't matter too much. But it represents me, after all. I want it to be a good representation. I don't want to seem like I'm sloppy. lol I keep the tone of the whole blog casual though, I don't want to use "big words" because honestly...I can't think of "big words" to use half of the time. lol

Long story short...my point to all this...I noticed that even in my dreams these tendencies of mine have started to creep in. Last night I was having another of my random weird dreams. I can only remember bits and pieces now that really wouldn't make sense to anyone but my own mind. But the key scene took place out in some sort of back yard. I was being held prisoner there by some people, who were looking down over us from a balcony that wasn't that high up. I believe some of my family and friends were there with me. I can't really picture their faces anymore...but I know they were people that I know and were close to me. We always had a "guard" looking down at us from the balcony, so we couldn't escape. At one point, somebody we knew appeared and was talking to the guard. We then got the idea to write out a note, saying something like "Help! We are being held prisoner!" and try to get it to the person we knew. So I grabbed a pen and started writing it out on some paper scraps that were scattered throughout the yard. But then I kept making spelling errors, or my writing wasn't neat enough, or the pen started to run out and it wasn't an even ink tone...and I kept crumbling up papers and started from scratch over and over. In the end, I took so long that our friend in the balcony left and we lost our opening. lol So because of my wanting the message to be perfect and without any errors or scribbles...I screwed up our plan. How sad is that? lol

No comments: