Saturday, March 1, 2008

Puppy Love


We went to a mall today, out in Cerritos, while waiting for him to get his car fixed at the nearby dealership. While at the mall we went into a pet store where they only sold puppies, although they did have one random kitty. Being in that store just brought back those "I want a dog" feelings I've had pretty much all my life. As much as I love animals, I've never had a dog. I've had a few cats, which I did love, but still no dog.

At first we didn't have a dog because the owners didn't allow them here at our house. I don't think that's the case anymore. I could probably afford one now, I'd just have to cut back on some things. But I know they don't exactly come cheap. There's food, grooming, vets and other stuff. Plus, most importantly, they require a lot of love, attention and time. It's not like I can just turn him off like some electronic toy, and then have him wait for me to return. lol So I'm afraid I probably wouldn't be around much sometimes, to really pay him attention. I'm out a lot on weekends and sometimes even during the week. And I definitely wouldn't want to just ignore him or place full responsibility on others. Well...unless they offer. hehe For now I at least do my part to help out other four-legged friends out there through the ASPCA.

But just looking at those little puppies today, their cute little eyes and their waggy tails and playful paws...just made me wish I could reach in, pick one up and take him home with me. I've always wanted a Golden Retriever. At first I think I fell in love with those when watching Comet on Full House. lol Still, I think any dog would be cool. A smaller one would probably be better for us, since we don't really have a big yard here.

We'll see. If not now, maybe later on down the road I can get one.

No comments: