Thursday, March 20, 2008

Vacation's All I Ever Wanted


Yesterday I received a new catalog in the mail. It's for the 2008/09 travel season, at Contiki. I get these catalogs every now and then because Contiki was the company we used when we went on our two week European Discovery trip in 2005. It was a trip I will never forget! I loved the tour group experience because all we really had to do was make it to the starting point (a hotel in London) on our own, and from there our tour guides did most of the work. All hotels were already arranged, along with some meals and optional excursions. They made sure we saw all the main attractions in the cities we visited, along with a few others that we might not have known about had we gone alone. All the people in our group, people from several countries, were all really cool. We didn't really interact too much most of the time, but still they were all nice.

Anyhow, long story short...getting that catalog in the mail got me thinking about that trip again. I think about it often actually, along with the one we took on our own to Spain a couple of months ago. Wow....I can't believe our Spain trip was literally just a little over two months ago! I could've sworn it was longer. I guess once the trip is over, once the excitement and fun of a visiting a new country ends, everything just tends to go back to normal...time just becomes one jumbled mess of work, commuting, sleeping and random appointments. Looking through that catalog yesterday, which covers their Europe/Egypt/Mediterranean trips, and seeing all the glossy pictures of the young people all over Europe....just made me wish I could jump into the pages and magically appear in those countries. I mention they are "young people" because this particular company specializes on "Vacations for 18-35 year olds". That was pretty cool. I've got nothing against my elders, but some times you just don't have much in common to talk about with an elderly couple when travelling on a vacation. lol

I loved those trips. It is such a nice feeling to get away from everything. The stresses of work and bills and just dramas in general. Although...I don't really have too many dramas in my life, to be honest. I've been blessed with a great family and a great circle of friends, along with a great love. So really...it's more just life's demands that I like to escape from. To go and relax, start each day with a smile and end it with a smile, with nothing but smiles in between it all. It's a smile orgy! lol Plus just seeing all the new sights, peoples, food, buildings, nature...everything seems new and fun to explore. I can't wait for the next trip. I have no idea when that'll be though...or even where to. I'm not exactly Mr. Moneybags here. So I must be patient. But not TOO patient. I'm not getting any younger! lol

No comments: