Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Cobras & Cars

Where does time go, seriously? It's already Tuesday! Feels like just yesterday night I was getting ready to head out for a night at the club with some friends. But that was actually already four days ago! The weekend just flew by.

Last Friday I got home from work at the usual time, a bit tired and lazy, just planning to chill for the night. Relax and take it easy. I was finally feeling better, got rid of the cough and cold, so if I wanted to go out I could. But for whatever reason I was just planning to stay in. Felipe had invited me to Club Cobra, out in North Hollywood. But I hadn't planned on going. Then I found out a couple other friends were going too. So at the very last minute I decided to go. Would be nice to see friends again. So I took a very quick shower and shaved. I hadn't shaved all week, so I didn't want to go looking like a caveman or something. lol Then I printed out a mapquest map and was on my way! Luckily I didn't get lost or anything. In fact I got there faster than I thought I would. The whole night was fun. I saw several people I knew, more than I thought I would and met a few new people. A cool night all around. Afterward, five of us headed over to breakfast at a nearby restaurant, Coral Cafe. I actually just had some OJ though. I wasn't hungry. Normally even if I'm not hungry sometimes I'll have a bite but for whatever reason I literally felt like I couldn't have a single bite! Trust me, I've been known to eat up some big burritos after the clubs. hehe And the food did look good there that night. But maybe next time then.

I didn't get to bed until around 5:30am, and by 10:00am I was up again. lol Juan came over and we headed out to go car shopping for him. He ended up getting a new 2009 Nissan Murano, which took us well into the night at the dealership. Luckily, he's good at negotiating, and got them to give him a good price. Plus, the three guys that worked with us were very helpful. Some of those people can tend to be intimidating and make you look stupid. But these guys were all cool with us, very friendly, and helped us out a lot. The final guy that we dealt with, the one who has us sign all the forms, he was especially nice! We kinda got that vibe...wondering if he was "family" or not. lol But hopefully when I have to go back to my dealership to deal with my car's lease ending, I get someone that's as cool as they were. I'm still not sure whether I want to trade in, buy a new car, pay off my current car...or what. Sometimes I almost wish I could just go back to riding the bus and not have to deal with all these payments. But I don't know if I could. I've gotten used to the independence and being able to go anywhere I want at anytime and not having to worry about bus schedules or bus fare or if it's too dangerous out at the time.

The rest of the weekend, Sunday, we just spend running a few errands, hitting up a few stores. Then it was back to work on Monday! But I actually just worked a half day. I needed to go take my car for a service/checkup. The place was pretty empty and I was in and out relatively fast (compared to previous times). I may just have to keep going on weekdays from now on. hehe


And now another day is here. Before I know it, Friday will roll around again, and another weekend will be welcomed into my life! hehe

No comments: