Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Dream Friends


Do you ever have dreams about your friends? I'm sure you probably have, we all do...right? We dream about things we know, things we've done, places we've been to or seen and of course the people in our lives. All those things around us when we are awake, both physically and in our minds/feelings, tend to creep into our dreams.

Last night I dreamt about one of my friends. It wasn't anything too weird or crazy. We were just hanging out at Disneyland. And actually this was just a part of a bigger dream, most of which I can't really remember now. But I did remember a few parts where me and my friend were just hanging out at Disneyland. This morning I wrote him an email, telling him about the dream. I try to do that anytime I dream of someone I know. Well, as long as I can remember enough details so that it's worth telling. On the one hand, it's just fun to tell people my random crazy and strange dreams I have about them. But also, I can't help but wonder that "What If?" What if, in some strange Twilight Zone sort of way, I were to one day find out that one of my friends had that exact same dream. That we both dreamed the same thing one night, down to every detail. Like if we walked into each others dreams? LOL How freaky, yet kinda cool, would that be? Yes, maybe I've been watching too many supernatural movies...but still!

This also got me thinking about the Dream Machine invention that I wish were possible. A machine that you can hook yourself up to so that whatever you dream gets transferred to it and digitally recorded. Then when you wake up, you can push "play" and watch your dreams. lol I know it sounds way out there...but hey, you never know what's possible!? Isn't our brain (and therefore our dreams) basically a bunch of signals? Still, I don't know if I'd really want to relive ALL my dreams! Some of them....especially the nightmares...I'd probably just rather forget.

So yeah, if any of you ever have a dream about me, I want to know! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg

like the other day i had a dream about my friend. im totally gay and hes totally str8. he has kids and a wife. i was dreaming he came to my house and ripped my clothes and made love to me every where every position you can imagine! it was totally awesome!

Anonymous said...

thats hot!