Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Back to R...

Well, I'm back. Sitting at my desk, in my dull cubicle, at work. Nobody in my department is here yet, it's quiet. Too quiet. Even the AC, which is normally on full blast, set to freezing, isn't running today. Hmmm. Perhaps the building management finally got that memo that it was too freakin' cold in here?! lol

But anyhow, now that I'm here at work, it finally feels like I'm back to that "R" word. Routine. I woke up, got showered and ready, drove to work, opened the parking lot gate, parked in my usual spot, walked up those same set of stairs, clocked in at the front, headed toward my desk and took my seat. Just like a good trained lil robot. lol I'm sure before I know it I'll be back to my usual "I'm only here 'cause I have to" self at work. lol

Hmmm...my inbox says I have just 8 new emails!? That can't be right. I HOPE that's not right. Because then it means we probably don't have much work right now and it's gonna be a sloooow week. That, or everyone got fired during the holidays and I didn't get the message! Hmmmm. Let's hope it's not the latter. If I'm leaving this place, it's on MY terms! lol

At times, I wonder, am I a bit greedy? It feels like I just want the good things in life but don't want to "work" for them. And by good things I mean just having time with my friends, family and my loved one. That's what I cherish most in life. Sure, I love my music and dvds and other random stuff I can't stop collecting/buying. But I would give all that up in an instant for the people I love. I miss being on vacation already, but what I truly miss most is just all the time I got to spend with my love. So now that I'm back at work, I'll focus on what's ahead. Gotta tough it out through this work stuff for a while again, to get to that next fun vacation. Our next possible destination: Australia! I've already started saving for it as of yesterday! ;)

(Quick update on that small email inbox...I just had one of the inboxes closed. lol Turns out I have well over a hundred missed emails. hehe Oh well...back to work...)

No comments: