Monday, January 5, 2009

Vancouver - Day 8 - 1/2/09

This was the first time we had to set the alarm. All throughout the trip, we pretty much just let our bodies tell us when it was time to wake up. We were on vacation after all! Waking up too early is a no-no. lol Well, unless you have a long day trip ahead.

We were up around 4:30 AM, got ready, packed up, checked the room to make sure we didn't leave anything, and then went downstairs to check out. They called a taxi for us and it was actually there in less than a minute. The ride to the airport was pretty quick and fairly cheap, too. So that was good. As we rode in the Taxi, I looked out the window at the city of Vancouver, in it's early morning hours. I thought back to all the fun we'd had, the places we'd visited, the friends we'd met...and how much I was gonna miss it all. But I also looked over at Juan, there at my side, and knew that as long as he's here with me...I'll always be happy. It was a bittersweet moment, leaving the city. We had a wonderful time and yet I still wanted more. hehe We got to the airport in good time, checked in and were well on our way. The flight back home went as scheduled and even arrived a bit earlier than planned, by about 10 minutes. This plane, an Alaska Airlines one, didn't have any TVs or monitors like the Air Canada one did, but it didn't matter because we were both pretty sleepy and ended up taking a little nap.

We touched down in L.A. at around noon, got our suitcases (this time with no delays lol) and Juan's sister picked us up. Before I knew it, we were back at his place, in his room. Little by little, life was returning to normal.

No comments: