Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Prison Break Cancelled



A quote from the Hollywood Reporter, regarding the future of FOX's "Prison Break":

"Fox Entertainment president Kevin Reilly...confirmed that this is the final season for "Prison Break." In addition to the remaining four episodes, there's a possibility of a couple more episodes being shot.
'The show is just played out,' Reilly said. 'Creatively, everybody feels enough stories have been told. ... We want to finish strong and not just gimp out next season. They have a cool ending.' Prison has four more episodes set to air, and might shoot extra series-topping episodes as well."


Yes, I've watched this show religiously from the very first day and have enjoyed it ever since. I would say the first season was my favorite, followed by the second. The rest have been fun as well so far, but even I have to admit that at times it felt they were just trying to stretch the storyline for more episodes. Also, it was the type of show where you just had to suspend disbelief and take what they gave you...that's what made it fun. lol I always get all into it watching this show, and will continue to do so 'til the end. Am I sad that it's being cancelled? Not entirely. I think it's the right time for them to wrap up the stories and give the show a nice, clean ending. What I hate is when a show gets canned and doesn't get to air a proper ending. Fortunately, it looks like Prison Break will get it's proper farewell.

No comments: