Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Day of Changes

As a nation, with the inauguration of our new President Barak Obama, I know that today is a day of celebration and hope for some positive changes for our country. As I type this quick post, I'm also listening to the ceremony online through streaming radio. Aretha Franklin just sang "My Country, 'Tis of Thee" and now I believe they are about to begin the oath of office.

While all this is going on though, there's one greater thing on my own mind: all that went down at work last Friday. Several people were laid off, signaling some major changes for our company's future. It's still early in the day so it's a bit too soon to tell just how many people are no longer here. I'm very grateful that I'm still working, but I'm also aware that the coming months will probably bring about some changes in that dept. And I can't help but worry just a bit. I tend to be a person that finds comfort in routine, in knowing what to expect. So when it feels like some big changes are ahead, I do get a bit nervous. But I'm trying my best to just focus on the positives for now, focus on the people in my life that give me strength, focus on the love I share with my special someone...it all helps me get through the days, one step at a time.

It's now 9:05, 12:05 Eastern Time, Obama is now officialy president and is about to take the oath...

I'm hopeful for a bigger, brighter future.

No comments: