Monday, January 5, 2009

Vancouver - Day 7 - 1/1/09

Ahh...2009 is here! I can't believe how quickly 2008 seemed to go by. I started out the year in Madrid, Spain...and ended it in Vancouver, Canada. Both very beautiful cities. I never would've imagined I'd travel twice this year. I definitely owe a lot to Juan for convincing me to do it. For whatever reason, I always take some convincing...but in the end, I love it and never want to return! lol

So anyhow, back to Vancouver. I woke up on the New Year in Kevin's apt. He had set up a little bed using sheets, pillows and sofa cushions. Juan was hogging the couch that night. lol But I actually slept really well, so no complaints on my part whatsoever. I was up at around 9:30 I think, and once I'm up I don't always go back to sleep. So I just chilled there in the living room. Eventually Juan woke up, then Kevin and finally Sara. We just all slowly "woke up" in the living room and then it was getting to be time for us to head back to our hotel. At this point, I knew we'd probably not get to see them again during this trip, so it's a feeling I don't like. I'm never good at saying bye to people...meaning that I never know how to do so in a way that truly shows how grateful I am for what they've done for us. I'm way better at saying things in writing than in person, so as I was saying bye to them, giving them a hug, I'm sure I must've mumbled some random words that must've sounded just...whatever. If that makes sense? hehe But hopefully they know that we both really appreciated them. We loved meeting them, hanging out with them, having dinner, ringing in the new year and just everything! It was the first time we made friends on a trip, so it made the whole experience all that more special for us.

As we walked back to our hotel, we stopped by a 7-11 to stock up on some water for our room. I ended up getting a 12-pack of small water bottles, and as I carried it in my arms along Davie St I kept getting stares. I guess people must've thought I had quite some hangover and was really thirsty? lol Once we were back at our hotel room, we slept for a couple of hours and woke up around 4pm. I went out to the Subway to grab us both a footlong and brought it back to the hotel. It was officially my first time leaving the hotel on my own, although it was only like a trip three doors down. lol We'd originally planned to check out one more club that night, since it was our last night, even if for a little bit. Especially since most of the shops and stuff were closed for the New Year holiday.

After we ate, we started packing up our things. Just as much as we could at that point, since we still needed some stuff for the next morning. By the time we got showered and ready to go out though, neither of us really wanted to do the club thing anymore. And most everything was closed, so we just did one of our favorite couple activities while on a trip...we walked. :) We just took a little walk through the streets, no real destination in mind, and then just returned to the room. I was craving a pastry or cake of some sort but we didn't find a spot that was open for that. :( So we just finished up some cookies and snacks we had in the room, watched some tv, and relaxed in our room. At that point, as we went to sleep, it started to hit me. This was really it. Our vacation was about to end. I couldn't help but feel a bit sad, yet at the same time it felt nice as I fell asleep, holding the man I love at my side.

No comments: