Thursday, January 1, 2009

Vancouver - Interlude

I'll blog more later on, probably back home, about my remaining time here. For now, here's a little funny incident from our very first day. While we were at the airport here in Vancouver, waiting outside for the Airporter shuttle that would take us to the hotel, there was a Mexican family (or at least I think they were) that had just arrived as well. A lady had her video camera on, pointed at a little girl, and asked her, "¿Donde estamos?" To which the little girl responded, "Estamos en Bancomer!", a Mexican bank, instead of saying Vancouver. The lady just laughed. I thought it was funny & cute, too. :)

That was pretty much about a week ago. Damn, where did the time go? It's 2009 now! It makes me a bit sad to think that soon I have to return home. Sure, I miss my family and friends and life at home, but why can't this, my winter paradise, last just a bit longer? hehe

No comments: