Thursday, January 8, 2009

Panic on the Plane

With all my excitement to jot down every excruciating detail about my trip to Vancouver, I still managed to forget about one very important, tragic, traumatizing and life altering incident that happened to me aboard the airplane. Just thinking about it still makes me break out in a sweat. I had never been injured aboard an airplane!

So there I was, boarding the Alaska Airlines plane, just minding my own business, searching for my seat. I find my seat, center seat...never a window seat...I think I need to take over the seat assigning task from Juan! lol So I put my backpack in the overhead compartment, sit down, buckle up and start sending out those vibes for safe trip in the back of my mind. And then, all of a sudden, it happens! The horror! The pain!

I got a freakin' papercut!!! Motherf#%@* stung like a bitch! I swear...it was at least a fifth of an inch long cut straight into my thumb! lol

I had placed my boarding pass inside my jacket's chest pocket after I found my seat. A couple minutes later, I was reaching into my pocket to get my iPod, I believe, and instead my thumb went right through the razor sharp non-FAA regulations paper material of the boarding pass! But I toughed it out. I didn't shed a tear. ;)

No comments: