Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Butt what?


Lately I've been feeling a bit lazy when it comes to the gym. I used to get off work and actually look forward to going. Straight to the gym, without any hesitation, right after work. When I first started though, I would even get up super early and go to the gym before work! I haven't done that in a long time...mostly because the mornings are too cold to want to be out early. hehe Maybe once the summer rolls back around, with warmer mornings, I may try it out again. But back to my laziness...

I've still been going to the gym whenever I can. Just doing my usual half hour on weekdays and hour on weekends. I don't like to do too much, just enough to keep me active and healthier. Who knows, maybe down the road I may try and push myself a bit more and hopefully actually tone up my body! Miracles can happen, after all! But now, when I leave work, I just feel like going straight home. I try finding ways to convince myself that it's ok to skip the gym. I try harder to ignore those thoughts! lol Fortunately, I've managed to keep going. Once I'm actually there and start working out, it's all good. Just getting myself there after work is what's been feeling a bit more challenging lately.

Sometimes you just have to find ways to motivate yourself. Think of the benefits you get out of going. Losing weight, feeling better, looking better, etc. And there are other benefits as well that they won't tell you in the brochures. Specifically all the hotties you can check out. I mean, come on...you know you all do it! You're working out at the gym and there, in front of you, is someone running on a treadmill, in their shorts or workout pants, with that butt jumping around in the air, as if to say "Look at me!" It's funny...I was never a butt guy before. Didn't really pay too much attention. But now that I've often found myself working out with some nice butts in front of me to observe, I've come to admire the beauty in them. And with that...I've come to start feeling a bit more self conscious about my own derriere, or rather...lack thereof. :( I used to accept it, think of it as no big deal. But with all the nicer ones I've seen, I can't help but wish I had one too! Grrrr. Maybe I should just go out and buy myself a friendly little donkey. Why? So that I can proudly say, "Yes, I do have a nice ass."

No comments: